Sunday, March 7, 2010

What a Shitty way to start the new year


For those of you who know me, know that my dogs mean the world to me. And Trixie has been with me for the past 12 years. The past few day's she has not been her self, difficulty breathing, not eating, does not want to go for a walk. So I took her to the vet last night and found out that Trixie has Congestive Heart Failure. When the vet uttered those word, I was instantly CRUSHED! I felt sick, and my stomach felt like it fell out. They took blood, and x-rays, and found fluid in her lungs and her heart is 10percent larger than it should be. There is no telling how long she will live. She is now on medication for the rest of her life. I can't believe how fast this came on. She was running and playing one day, and now she can barley walk down the block with me. Well I have to be positive about it, she and our other dogs have a great quality of life and get lots of love, so fingers crossed...... What a shitty way to start out the new year. I already hate 2006.........

No comments:

Post a Comment