Friday, January 21, 2011

Blue Teeth

Well it's official. I think there is a government conspiracy! As of the 2nd of this year, 2011, Delaware has ban any hand held device while driving. I'm not opposed to this law, in fact I tend to agree even though I am a violator of it. It is distracting, but at times, it seems necessary to do so.
So, you ask what the conspiracy is?! I'll tell you. It's Bluetooth devices!!! Not in the way of "big brother" listening in on your call, we all know that goes on anyway, but in the way of......RETAIL!!
As I was out and about around the holiday, I did take note of all the bins, boxes and large displays of Bluetooth devices with signs to remind you that the hands free law will be in effect at the start of the new year. I found this to be some what odd. Just because of the quantity and selection of these devices. Bluetooth head sets are not new, in fact they have been around for some time now. I do see people using them, and I have tried a few as well and I am NOT a fan. But as of recent, I have not seen many people using them. It's more of the speaker phone setting that is common.
This got me to thinking. Seems that speaker phone is as hands free as it can get. Most phones have voice command and are easy to use with out looking. So how is this any safer or different than a Bluetooth? It's not. My theory is that the Bluetooth market was on the decline. So, to help boost sales, and profit, Bluetooth makers got in bed with the states and offered up a little kick back for putting the "hands free" law in to effect. The state gets a little, the manufacturer gets a little more, and you look like a tool walking around with you Bluetooth stuck to the side of your noodle.
O.k, I admit, this is a bit of a stretch, but not as far fetched as any other governmental conspiracy. Perhaps it would be more viable if I were telling you this on a street corner while wearing a tin foil hat so the satellites could not track me. Or if I were telling you this via Bluetooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment