Sunday, January 2, 2011

The 80's are Kinda Back!?

Well the 80's are kinda back. If you are in or near your 30's, you probably remember the 1980's. For most of us, it was the decade we grew up in. For others, it was a time they wanted to grow up in, I think.
The younger generation seems to be into this "Retro" and "Throw Back" theme. But as I watch these things from my child hood make a come back, it seems a bit out of place. What was so great about the 80's anyway? Sure, at the time, we thought this was how the world was going to be. Hair bands, Glam Rock, Pac-man, Feathered Hair, Terry Cloth shorts, Iron on Tee Shirts, Roller Skating and IROC's. Come to think of it, it was not so bad.
So why my little rant you ask? Well if you are going to bring something back into the main stream, then bring it all back, don't skimp out. In this computer/cell phone/technology age, do we or will we step back to a simpler time? Probably not. I have fallen victim to the time as we all have. I don't see my self giving up my Blackberry for a hand full of quarters and a beeper. You can't even find a pay phone now a days. seems like only a certain bit of the 198's have come back. All the fun stuff is forgotten about. Like 8 bit Atari video games and cassette tapes. Only some of the fashion has reared it's ugly head. What makes some retro things cool and others forgotten about?
I say, bring it all back! The music, clothing, technology, cars, and lingo. Who better to show this younger generation how it was then the ones who lived it. Put down you cell phone, grab your beeper, feather your hair dude. Jump in your IROC and meet me at the arcade at the mall. It's Friday night and were gonna score tonight! Bitchin' man!

No comments:

Post a Comment