Saturday, January 22, 2011

I'm not Complaining, but......

I listen to the radio. A lot.
For the past few years, I have been listening to satellite radio. I do, on occasion, listen to regular or terrestrial radio. I'm not complaining, but......
O.k, lets face it, regular radio SUCKS! Not to say that satellite is killing it, but there is something to be said for a pay service (I do have my gripes about that as well). My rant today is about the lousy radio!
When I was a kid, radio was what we did. Rock, pop, dance, top 40 and yes even AM. As time went on Alternative came into the mix and started to change things. Or so it seamed. Eagle 106 and Y100 came and went. 94 WYSP and 93 WMMR never faded away. And either did their play list. Seems to me that the songs that were in rotation when I was comming up are still in the rotation today 20 some odd years later! Don't radio stations realize that there are TWO sides to a record!? Or that a band that has a 20+ year catalog has more than three songs recorded. WTF!
So off I went to the "Alternative" stations in hope of getting some variety. Boy....was I WRONG.
Have you ever heard a new song and thought it was o.k and then for some reason you hear it every where you go and now it starts to get on your nerves. Well this is the case for me this week.
As I said, I have satellite. But for some reason, my antenna is not working, so I have to resort to the trusty Zune, or the radio. Today, and several days this week I chose the radio. I keep an "alternative" station on that plays satisfactory music for the drive. But for some unknown reason, every third song is that suck ass crap Mumford and Son's! At first, it was fine, but now!
I can't get away from that shitty song!It's enough to drive me ape shit. I feel an overwhelming sense of violence wash over me at the slightest sound of that song. I will add mitt this is a bit extreme, but can't help it.
So if you are reading this, I know you must feel my pain. I do understand that every one has their opinion about music. And I'm sure some of you like the Mumford. As for me, I'll just turn the dial before the feeling washes over. Now that's FREEDOM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment